Good news! You’ve got a showing request (or many!) What now? When preparing your house for a viewing, you’re going to want to make sure it’s clean and tidy. After all, you want to make the best impression possible on potential buyers. But in the minutes before the buyers are due to arrive, there are a few final touches you need to do in your house to ensure it looks its best:
- Put away coats, hats and shoes. Focus around the foyer. You want a sharp first impression.
- Round up any clutter like slippers, errant toys or books and put them in a basket and away in a closet.
- Wipe off counter tops and get mirrors sparkling
- Turn on all lights and lamps. Don’t forget darker areas like nooks and corners. A house that is bright looks more roomy and highlights architectural features
- Make sure the toilet lids are down. Even when a washroom is sparkling clean, a raised toilet seat gives the impression – however incorrectly – that things are less than hygienic.
- Open all curtains and blinds. This makes rooms look bigger and brighter, even at night.
It only takes a few minutes to do these few final touches, and your home will show better as a result!