By Cindy-lou Schmidt
As of July 3, 2018, REALTORS® with homes listed on the Kitchener-Waterloo Association of Realtors Board will be implementing a new lockbox program replacing the conventional mechanical lockboxes that have been commonly used throughout Ontario for over the past 30 years. The new devices feature state-of-the-art technology to ensure KWAR REALTORS® continue to provide the highest standard of professional services to our clients.
This new program is a partnership with SentiLock LLC who are owned by the National Association of REALTORS® and currently provide services to over 400,000 REALTORS® in North America, and over 30,000 REALTORS® in Canada.
The SentriLock lockbox is Bluetooth compatible to allow the REALTORS®’s smart-phone to become their key, eliminating the use of static passcodes.
Features of the new lockboxes include:
- Accurately records the time, date and specific authorized REALTOR® who opened the lockbox.
- Touch ID and Facial Recognition to open Lockbox through the REALTORS®’s app.
- Notify the listing brokerage in real time when a lockbox is opened.
- Individual lockboxes can be programmed to only operate during the showing hours approved by the seller.
- Lockboxes are assigned to the property, creating a detailed and accurate record of all showings.
- Operate in severe weather.
- Long-life batteries.
It’s an exciting new change in our industry and I am looking forward to implementing a higher level of security and professionalism with my clients.